Saturday, July 27, 2013

My Little Angel in the Night

Last night I had a horrible dream about some stresses that are already in my mind.  The dream actually caused me a lot of anxiety.  I woke up in the middle of the night wondering if it all actually happened!  I had to literally sit up to try to figure out what was reality and what was not.

You see... for people like me who feel things very deeply, it's a difficult process to let go of the emotion once it has entered our souls- even if it is just a dream!!  It's silly; I know!

My husband was out of town, and I was feeling so distressed from this awful dream that I could hardly sleep.  I tossed and turned from my anxiety.  Moments later, I heard the pitter patter of my little Juliana's feet.  I listened closely wondering where she was going.

She soon appeared by my side. She didn't speak a word; she just nestled next to me and hugged me.  Juliana Rain is the queen of cuddling and has always had such a calm, cleansing little spirit; she was the perfect one to soothe my soul.

I don't know why she came into my room at that very moment.  Juliana gets up early in the morning sometimes to cuddle, but it's VERY rare for her to get up during the night.  She felt like a little angel sent by God to soothe a mother's troubled heart.

In yesterday's post, I wrote about God helping me with my stress at the moment I needed it.  What I find touching is that our Heavenly Father continues to comfort and guide us along as we truly need it.  Although HE wants us to develop more faith in HIM, HE knows it's a process and helps nurture our ability to apply that faith in HIM.

As I wrote this story, "my little angel in the night" came up to me dressed like this.  :-)  Oh my sweet little angel.  I'm thankful for the many ways God sends us comfort and love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.