Sunday, December 23, 2012

God Took My Cold Away

I haven't written in here for several months because I couldn't find where it was!!  Silly me... I don't know much about computers.  There are so many miracles I need to catch up on, but I'll just have to start with today's miracle.

Miracles are constantly taking place!!  I feel an urgency to write them down because God is blessing us all in so many ways.  Sometimes we feel down and forget to "see" what He is doing in our lives.  I feel like the more we recognize them before the Lord, the more He is willing to open our eyes to all of the ways He is guiding our life.  He is ALWAYS there.

                                                        Today's Miracle
I had my tonsils taken out last Monday.  That day, and one by one, almost all of my children dropped to the couch with fevers and bad head colds.    I was worried I would catch it because I was already dealing with so much pain, dizziness, and exhaustion from the surgery.  Well... I caught it, and it was just as bad as I thought it would be.

By Saturday I was a mess...  My eyes were constantly draining and my nose was running so badly that I had a kleenex practically hanging on it.  Because my surgery hurt so bad, my sneezes violently gushed out as my hair flew around my face.

Saturday night I told Abe that I wouldn't be able to go to church because I was too contagious and in too much pain.  I was sad because it was Christmas Sunday, Abe would be singing, the kids would be singing, and I had prepared gifts for my Primary Class.  I really didn't want to miss it.

I prayed to God, and asked Him to help me to be able to go.  Sunday morning I woke up really late expecting to not feel good enough to go.  I of course was hurting all night from the surgery, but I didn't have any symptoms of the head cold!!  I didn't have to cough, blow my nose, sneeze, or anything of the sort.  I was shocked!!  I quickly got ready in record time, and we raced out the door.

On the way, I said another prayer that we would arrive in time for Abe to sing in the first choir number.  Miracle number 2:  Right as we were walking in they announced for the choir to go up front to sing.  It was a beautiful morning, and I thank God for the opportunity to be at church praising His son, Jesus Christ, on the Sunday before we would celebrate His birth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.