Wednesday, December 4, 2013

CHANGES! :-)

Thanksgiving was fabulous!  We spent the morning serving Thanksgiving dinner in a big parking lot and the afternoon in my in-laws' home with tons of food and tons of friends and family in attendance… the next day I came down with a fierce case of the stomach flu.

UGH!!  I spent the following couple of days on the couch and in the bathroom. (It wasn't easy dashing to the bathroom because I had thrown my back out as well a couple of days before that.)  Needless to say,  I had time to do nothing and think… I kept getting this feeling to write down my schedule.  I tried several times to write other experiences in my blog, but I couldn't post anything because my schedule kept returning to my mind.  I also had a hard time writing because when you are exhausted in the body, it's hard to feel strong in the spirit.

My children noticed I wasn't writing, and they were worried.  Jackson thought I had nothing to write, so he suggested that I just write in my blog about love.  That's always a good topic, right?  When they saw me typing out their daily schedule as my blog entry, they were a bit confused by my lack of inspirational words… "THAT'S YOUR BLOG?" They questioned me.

I KNOW EVERYBODY IS BUSY and EVERYBODY has a million and a half things to do.  I think this schedule was for me to see.  I used to have it all written out, but it changes so often that I hadn't updated it.  It certainly helps a ton to get this schedule out of my head and into actual words.

This schedule is very tentative because it does not include the 6 concerts coming up over the next 2 weeks or their busy schedule when they're involved in sports…. ay ay ay!

I've also been feeling VERY INSPIRED to focus a lot on music, so at all times our home has an instrument echoing through the halls.  Jackson announced that he is ready to play his drums in the streets of Orlando for money… that cute boy.  Abe has received some awesome contacts to further his music locally, and so have I.  We're praying for good things to continue to open up…

As I wrote this schedule down, I felt like I needed to make some additional changes in my life:

From now on, I will only be posting my stories on Sunday morning.  That means I'm only going to be writing once a week instead of my average 5 times a week.  I will be spending much of my Saturdays working on other writing projects as well as my weekly blog post.

Thank you for continuing to read my past posts and for continuing to read with me on Sunday mornings.  I love you and am eternally thankful for your support.  I have poured out my heart through this blog as we all continue to experience the joys and sorrows of life…. many of them together as strangers and close friends.  The constant??  God is in charge of it all and is creating miracles daily, so that we know HE is there.

I am so thankful that God is in charge of my life.  I don't always understand why things happen, and I certainly haven't learned the patience to figure it all out.  Even through my hard-headed stubbornness, HE continually guides me… and ALL OF US as our lives encounter new obstacles to conquer!

Well… here's my schedule… (You may not even bother reading it because even my husband didn't take the time! ;-) That's ok.  I feel better now.)

Wake-up 5:00
Run 5:15-5:45
Shower & get ready 5:45-6:15
Read scriptures 6:15-6:45
Family scripture study & eat breakfast 6:45-7:15

Monday

Get children dressed and older boys out the door on bikes to bus stop 7:15-7:45
Teach Mariah piano 8:00-8:30
       *Jordan does math 
Teach Jordan piano 8:30-9:00 
       *Mariah does math
Teach Juliana & Jayden preschool 9:00-10:00 
       *Jordan & Mariah practice violin together (& finish math if need be)
Leave to pick up Tyson and Jackson from school 10:15-11:45
       *Jordan reads & Mariah reads to me while we sit outside the school
       *Jayden & Juliana run around & play in the grass
Lunch & Teach Tyson piano 11:45-12:45
Drive Tyson back to school for trumpet 12:50-1:30 
       *Jackson practices piano 12:45-1:45 
       *Jordan practices guitar 12:45-1:45
I practice the piano! 1:45-2:45
       *Jordan & Mariah do writing & Jackson does math & babies have nap/quiet time 1:45-2:45
Go outside with kids for gymnastics or playground 3:00-4:00
       *Tyson waits at school and does math & reading
       *Jackson leaves with grandmommy
Do chores & make dinner 4:00-6:00
       *Jackson & Tyson have percussion class 4:00-6:00
       *Kids have free time
Dinner 6:30
Family Home Evening 7:30
Gratitude journal & bed for all 9:30

Tuesday

Get children dressed and older boys out the door on bikes to bus stop 7:15-7:45
Teach Mariah piano 8:00-8:30
       *Jordan does math 
Teach Jordan piano 8:30-9:00 
       *Mariah does math
Teach Juliana & Jayden preschool 9:00-10:00 
       *Jordan & Mariah practice violin together (& finish math if need be)
Leave to pick up Tyson and Jackson from school 10:15-11:45
       *Jordan reads & Mariah reads to me while we sit outside the school 
       *Jayden & Juliana run around & play in the grass
Drop off Jordan & Mariah at school for VIOLIN class on the way home 
Teach Tyson piano & eat lunch 12:15-12:45
Leave to pick up Jordan & Mariah from violin & drop off Tyson at school for trumpet 12:45-1:25
        *Jackson practices drum set 12:45-1:45
I practice piano! 1:30-2:30
        *Jordan & Mariah write, Jackson does math, & babies have nap/quiet time
Go outside with kids for gymnastics or playground 3:00-4:00
       *Tyson waits at school and does math & reading-Jackson practices piano
Teach piano to 3 students 4:30-6:00
        *Older kids take care of younger kids outside & play with waiting piano students
Eat dinner 6:15-6:30
Take boys to scouts 6:30 
         *Boys stay later & play basketball at church
Gratitude journal & bed for all 9:30

Wednesday

Same as Monday morning except that we return home by 11:15
Lunch & Teach Tyson piano 11:15- 12:15
Drive Tyson to school for trumpet12:15-12:50
            *Jackson practices piano & Jordan practices guitar 12:15-1:15
            *Mariah plays
I practice piano 1:30-2:30
            *Jordan & Mariah write, Jackson does math, & babies have nap/quiet time
Go outside with kids for gymnastics or playground 3:00-4:00
            *Tyson waits at school and does math & reading
Do chores & make dinner 4:00-6:00
Teach piano to 1 student 6-6:30
Drive to church to teach piano to 2 more students while kids play sports w/Abe 7-8:30
Gratitude journal & bed for all 9:30

Thursday

All of us bike to morning VIOLIN class for Jordan & Mariah 7:30-7:45
Play at playground and read with Jayden & Juliana 7:45-8:45
Bike home 8:50-9:10
Teach Mariah piano 9:30-10:00
       *Jordan does math
Teach Jordan piano 10:00-10:30
        *Mariah does math
Leave to pick up Tyson and Jackson from school 10:30-11:45
       *Jordan reads & Mariah reads to me while we sit outside the school for an hour
       *Jayden & Juliana run around & play in the grass
Drop off Jordan & Mariah at school for afternoon VIOLIN class on the way home 
Teach Tyson piano & eat lunch 12:15-12:45
Pick up Jordan & Mariah from violin & drop off Tyson at school for trumpet 12:45-1:25
       *Jackson practices drumset 12:45-1:45
I practice piano! 1:30-2:30
        *Jordan & Mariah write, Jackson does math, & babies have nap/quiet time
Go outside with kids for gymnastics or playground 3:00-4:00
       *Tyson waits at school and does math & reading-Jackson practices piano
Teach piano to 3 students 4:00-5:30
Take kids to advanced piano & theory class at our friend's house 6:00-7:00
Go home, eat dinner, fun family time, or monthly temple date
Gratitude journal & bed for all 9:30

Friday

MAKE-UP DAY & FREE STUDY DAY-with hand-written & typed reports- usually about animal science! :-)
TRY TO SPEAK IN SPANISH THE WHOLE DAY!
Jackson & Tyson don't take the bus- they go with grandmommy 7:15
Leave to pick up Tyson and Jackson from school 10:15-11:45
       *Jordan reads & Mariah reads to me while we sit outside the school for an hour
       *Jayden & Juliana run around & play in the grass
Lunch 11:45-12:45
Drive Tyson back to school 12:50-1:30 (Soon Tyson will not be going to afternoon public school!!)
Tyson returns with grandmommy at 4:30
History class with grandaddy 4:30-5:30
Movie night

Saturday

Chores and fun things! 
My time to write!!
Date Night!

Sunday

Church and occasional dinner guests!



7 comments:

  1. GOOD FOR YOU !!! I will miss the almost everyday but judging by your schedule you have other things to conquer and one day/week to sit and reflect on your blog sure makes more sense!!! Besides I continue to seek my own daily miracles and see how much more God plays a role in my life and blesses mine too. Thank you so much for your inspiration for me to look for my own.I didn't really notice them until I read your blog
    So SORRY you were ILL that is just down right, well YUCKY! Can't wait to hear from you on Sundays:) have fun creating more projects/fun/following inspiration ahead. Can't wait to see where this journey takes you:) you are the best and I love you here in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your message, and thank you for helping me to feel good about my decision. I am so grateful to God that HE has given me an opportunity to share HIS miracles to so many others. I am also so grateful that this blog has made a difference in your life. PLEASE keep sharing your experiences with me. Your experiences uplift me as I see God sending HIS message of love all over the world. You are a light in my life! I love you!!

      Delete
  2. I'll miss seeing multiple updates from you, but I'm so glad you are taking the time where its needed!!!
    I hope you'll follow me too--once i have this baby, i'll definitely be looking to great moms who inspire me (LIKE YOU!) for help and guideance.

    Sending lots and lots and lots of love to your family.
    (also, is it weird that i want to send you a Christmas card?!)

    xoxo
    Andrea (and baby Nash!--we found out its a boy!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Andrea. I will definitely be checking in on you- you're in my heart forever. :-) Of course it's not weird to send us a Christmas card! We love Christmas cards!! Send me an email to mydailymiracles@gmail.com, and I'll give you my address. I love you, and I am overjoyed that baby Nash is coming soon. :-) You will be a WONDERFUL mother. You've been preparing for YEARS! Many xoxoxoxo to you too.

      Delete
  3. WOW! That's quite the schedule. Once again I am inspired by your discipline. I have loved reading your posts each day and am a little sad that I will not be blessed with your inspired words as often as I have been but am grateful that you are not walking away from this beautiful blog entirely. Thank you for finding a way to continue to share your daily miracles once a week.

    I'm glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude for you. Though we have never met, you have become a dear friend to me. You inspire me always.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your words. I am trying really hard to be more disciplined so that I'm not just diving into my days without a plan… of course there are always glitches in my plans… usually having to do with baby Jayden :-) Thank you so much for inspiring me and lifting me continually. I fully share your feelings… you are a dear friend to me as well, and I hope we meet and hug some day. I will probably cry and not let go for a long time. :-) You are a blessing in my life. Thank you again!

      Delete
    2. …I AM grateful for the glitches baby Jayden throws my way. :-) He keeps me laughing and not taking myself so seriously… he's ALWAYS up to something! Love you!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.