Sunday, December 8, 2013

Opening My Ears...

A few days ago I was reading my Book of Mormon in 3 Nephi chapter 11. In 3 Nephi, it talks of the destruction that came to the people in the Americas at the time of Christ's death.  A short period of time after this destruction, (months maybe??) the people were gathered at the temple and heard God's voice.  They did not understand it at first.  In verse 5, the words, "And again the third time they did hear the voice, and did open their ears to hear it; and their eyes were toward the sound thereof;"

I often feel like one of those Nephites… I'm trying really hard to open my ears to hear God's word, and sometimes it takes a lot of tries before I actually recognize the message HE is speaking to my heart.  I have to work to humble myself sufficiently to hear.  When I write, I feel God speaking more clearly to my calmed, quiet heart.  HE knows I'm ready to record the thoughts HE gives me for my life when I sit quietly and meditate.  Some of those thoughts remain private and never published.  

I've heard many times that we should put a pencil and piece of paper by our beds to write down the revelations God is trying to communicate to us.  That is usually when we're finally ready to open our ears.  My favorite quiet time is when I place my hands on the computer keys.  I feel a channel open and am grateful for the fog that lifts from my mind as I quietly type.  I pray for and am grateful for continued guidance for my life.  I have so much to learn.  

I will be writing again tonight… when I can breathe again.  There's too much to do to get ready for Sunday's big activities!  Sunday is a special day, and I'm in the primary presidency.  Somehow I became in charge of putting on a huge Christmas nativity… costumes, instruments, singing, and all! :-)  I've been sewing and organizing details all night.  I'll have to reassess my schedule on Saturdays…  Please come back again later tonight or Monday morning! :-)  God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.