Sunday, January 12, 2014

Changes Part 2: Big News Coming:-)

Thank you so much for continuing to read even though I have changed my writing to only once a week!!  I continue to enjoy hearing back from so many of you, but something strange has happened…

I can't quite explain it, but I MISS YOU even though I've never met you!  Many of you have expressed through emails, comments, and other messaging, that you feel our hearts are connected although we have never met face to face.  I feel it too!!  Since I'm not writing in my blog every day, I miss thinking about you throughout the week.  Maybe I miss feeling your hearts through a more Heavenly line of communication???

Tonight my little 6-year old Mariah saw me sitting at my computer, and said, "Are you still writing in your blog?"  I answered, "Yes!  Of course I am… every week."  She then said, "I didn't know you were still writing.  It used to be one of my favorite things to do."

Confused, I questioned her further, "What used to be one of your favorite things to do?"

She answered, "Reading your blog used to be one of my favorite things to do."

I didn't realize how much the stories of our life meant to my little 6-year old daughter and realized I needed to make changes once again.

The truth is, it's easier to not write so often during the week, but I miss it.  When Sunday comes there are so many amazing blessings and miracles to write about that I have a hard time putting it all together. I fear I am missing the additional inspiration that comes along with deeply meditating about these experiences!!  I greatly miss my meditation time with God.

This past week was no different.  Oh my goodness… the things I can't wait to write about!!

We have BIG NEWS in the works and beautiful miracles are taking place!!!

I actually started to write about the trials and miracles leading up to this BIG NEWS, but something stopped me… I'm not sure why… maybe there are more details yet to come that I do not yet understand…

There are many details, trials, and blessings falling into place right now, and I feel inspired to wait until I can give you a FULL story.  God has been busy creating a beautiful piece of art in our lives including an emergency room, tears of joy, tears of stress, and tears of love from interacting with some of the most loving, selfless hearts you ever did know.  (You might have to read a very long post to find out the finale of this particular saga. :-))

Thank you!  I love you!!  I will be writing more frequently again… The details of our BIG NEWS will probably continue on Wednesday.  Until then, some special moments need to be recorded for my posterity.  I will be writing again tomorrow night. :-)

My heart is full!!

My testimony of Jesus Christ and HIS gospel is my greatest passion.  I can't give up this opportunity to share my testimony of Jesus Christ more frequently!!  How blessed I feel that people are actually listening to my testimony of HIM!!  My heart overflows with love when I ponder on what a grand blessing it is to be one of HIS disciples.  Jesus Christ is my Savior.  HE is your Savior.  HE is our KING!!

13 comments:

  1. I was expecting to see a bunch of pictures from your Disney World trip. I feel cheated that not only did you not post pictures but you left me with lots of questions on what beautiful miracles are happening in your life. How was your Disney trip? Did you find a house? Why were you in the emergency room? I'm hoping no one is hurt and yet the first image that came to mind was that you are pregnant. What is the "Big News?" Just kidding I love suspense and look forward to hearing all about the big news that is headed your way.

    I'm doing cartwheels over here knowing that we get to read extra posts this week. Your miracles definitely brighten my days.

    Thank you for sharing your testimony. I too love my Savior and am so grateful for his love for me.

    Happy Blogging,
    Becky

    P.S. Thank you Mariah for helping your mom remember her passion for writing her blog and the blessing that it brings into your family's life and many other peoples lives too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky! You are so kind to want to see pictures. I'll post them tonight. :-) We had a wonderful time with some sweet experiences. I would LOVE to see those cartwheels!! :-) Thank you also for your testimony. Thank you for your support. Thank you for reading. Thank you for sharing your heart and your spirit.

      …and about being pregnant. Lol! Definitely- not - pregnant! :-) Phew!

      God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  2. YEAH!!!! I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I have missed my daily Rachel fix! When things seem harder than usual I have known that I could go to your Daily Miracles and get such a spiritual high. I need your testimony dear friend. Your words are always refreshing...your family adventures are amazing...you are AWESOME. Love you, Nancy Rogers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear sweet Nancy… I read your message today and told my husband how much I can't wait for him to meet you some day. Thank you for your words. You lift me every time I think of you because I know the kind of life you lead- giving your all to the Lord. I love you too.

      Delete
    2. I think you know that my children are inactive and that none of my grandkidlets have been baptized?! I have been praying and praying that somehow my family would come together and that their hearts would turn to the Gospel and to our Heavenly Father and our Savior. Our Grandson, Jake, who is 13, has been going to Scouts and he has agreed to come to dinner and listen to the missionaries. Please, please keep our family in your prayers, especially that Jake will feel the spirit so strong!!!!! I love you Rachel, and I love hearing about your family. You and Abe are amazing parents and Heavenly Father is blessing you in SO many ways. The most important is that your children are amazing in their own right. Their testimonies bless so many people including me! Love, Nancy Rogers

      Delete
    3. Ever since I read this message last night, I have been praying for Jake. Oh the joy you much feel in your heart! I am emotional right now just thinking about it. I will request that we include Jake in all of our family and individual prayers. I look forward to hearing about Sunday's special dinner. The gospel of Jesus Christ shines in your eyes and in your actions. I'm sure Jake has already seen that. I love you!!

      Delete
  3. Perhaps your "step back" in blogging was my "fault," as, since the end of November, I've barely been able to keep up with life, let alone blogging (my own, or anyone else's!). I love, love, LOVE you, your family, and your blog (I know, we've never met, but still...), and it killed me to not be able to read your posts. I worried about you when there weren't updates around Thanksgiving time, and then I found out why, and then your schedule changed, but mostly, I couldn't keep up with any of it and only in the last week or two have I been able to mostly "catch up," at least with reading blogs (writing my own is a different, and much sadder, story!). So. All of this is to say that I take reading your blog very seriously and must be able to fully and completely concentrate before I'll even try to read one of your posts, because each and every one is so special and so. meaningful. So if you'd written daily for over a month while I wasn't able to read, I would have been WAY too backlogged!

    See? You've performed a very wonderful service, after all! :)

    I am so excited to hear of the many things going on in your life and to hear more of the amazing miracles. And please share as you feel inspired, with no scheduling pressure from out here. But know that your every word is so valuable, and received with gratitude and love, no matter how frequently or infrequently you write.

    You are truly special. Thanks for being you.

    Jennifer (I'm the one who first commented on Abe's SVU shirt... ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! I felt the same way in December!! It's a beautiful (and tiring) time to change up our schedules and throw ourselves into the season of love.

      Jennifer, thank you so much for your perspective…. you are so sweet and wonderful. Because of your words, I felt loved, valued, and relieved all at the same time. Thank you especially for the LOVE!! I also greatly appreciate knowing you take the time to read with such a sincere heart. THANK YOU for connecting with me. I feel your beautiful heart!

      Delete
  4. OH I'M ON PINS AND NEEDLES!!!..........................and?
    CAN'T WAIT
    LOVE YOU LOTS!! FROM COLD CANADA.
    as i write this I wish i could add chattering teeth:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so much fun Marisa!! Thank you for your excitement!

      You know… it was 79 degrees here in Florida today. Wouldn't this be a perfect time to reunite after 17 1/2 years… down here in sunny Florida? This is an official invitation!! :-) I'm sending you all my love and warm thoughts!!!

      Delete
  5. Oh my sweet Rachel!!!! I'm SO HAPPY to have more frequent posts again!! Like the others have said, I look forward to my "Rachel & Mills family fix" and have missed it! This blog has blessed my life SO VERY MUCH!! I have loved reading about your beautiful family and totally feel like I know each of you! Your outlook, testimony, faith, and parenting inspire me!! I've yet to have a family of my own yet, but learn by your beautiful mothering heart how I want to be!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you for accepting and loving our entire crazy family…imperfections and weaknesses included! I feel blessed. I'm grateful this blog will be added back to your nightly routine. :-) I'll be thinking of your loving heart with so much love to you in return!! God bless you.

      Delete
  6. I also look forward to adding your blog back in to my nightly routine!! Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.