Wednesday, January 30, 2013

We are BETTER than we think we are!!!!



 Today at lunchtime, the kids and I weren't doing anything really special.  We were just chatting and telling stories when all of a sudden, 5 year old Mariah said, "Mommy, I'm so glad God sended me to a happy home."  

Right away I thought, "Really? I'm so glad she's not remembering all the mistakes I make!"  I gave her a huge hug!  When I pulled away she had the sweetest smile just frozen on her face.  I wanted to make our home the 
happiest home for her forever.


                                                                                                               
I pray often for the ability to change for the better, and sometimes I feel like my changes are coming way too slow.  I often say to the children, "Guys, I'm sorry.  I'm trying so hard to be a better mother."

Jackson, my 11 year old, hearing me say that so often, decided to take matters to a higher source.  On the 1st Sunday of every month, we fast for 2 meals and pray extra for a particular blessing we would like from our Heavenly Father.  I don't ask what the children are fasting for because that's personal between them and their Heavenly Father; but on the first fast of the New Year, Jackson wanted me to know for what purpose he had fasted. 

He said, "Mom, today I fasted that you would be a better mom."

I dropped what I was doing and exclaimed, with a bit of laughter, "Oh! No!  I'm so sorry Jackson!  Is it really that bad?  What do you want me to do better?"

He quickly stated, "No, no Mom- you're the best mom in the entire world!  I just always hear you saying that you want to be a better mom, so I decided to fast and pray for you."

Our precious children love us so deeply.  They want to show us that love the best way they can.  I believe we are also trying to show our children we love them in the best way we can.

I believe my Heavenly Father also wants us to know we're doing a good job.  Of course we must improve, but HE wants us to know that as long as we're giving it our all, HE will take care of the rest.  

My miracle is that HE helped me to understand today that way too often I let Satan lead me to believe that I am failing.  Our Heavenly Father sees greatness in us, and our children see greatness in us just as we see greatness in them. 

My miracle is also that God spoke through the mouths of babes that although there is a lot of room for improvement and daily repentance, I am doing better than I think I am.  Most of us are!!

God loves us so much!  I make more mistakes than I could ever list.  Seeing my children's pure love, sheds a little light into how great God's love is for us.  HIS focus is not on how bad we are; it is on how much HE loves us.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.