Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Abe's Our Hero!!

Abe crept through the front door last night trying to surprise us with his arrival.  We had been watching the clock all evening.  I heard the creak of the door and shouted, “Daddy’s home!!”

You should have heard the screams!!!  I wish I had my camera with me so that you could have seen the pile of children knocking Abe down.  While the other 5 children continued to cling to Abe, Jackson immediately ran over to the piano and started to play the song,

Families Can Be Together Forever

I have a family here on Earth
They are so good to me
I want to share my life with them
Through all eternity

Families can be together forever
Through Heavenly Father's plan
I always want to be with my own family
And the Lord has shown me how I can
The Lord has shown me how I can

While I am in my early years
I'll prepare most carefully
So I can marry in God's temple
For eternity

Families can be together forever
Through Heavenly Father's plan
I always want to be with my own family
And the Lord has shown me how I can
The Lord has shown me how I can

What a perfect and fitting song as we continued to hug!  Abe had been gone for 11 days, so he hadn’t seen our new house put together yet. We showed him each of the rooms, and then we all went into the kitchen to eat.  Right as we started to eat, the police knocked on the door!!

Warily, Abe opened the door wondering what we had done wrong.

The police had received a phone call about a strange car parked in front of the woods beside our house.  That strange car was Abe’s car! J  Abe parked off to the side, so he could surprise us all, and the neighbors didn’t know Abe yet.

Those sweet neighbors…. Maybe they heard the screams too!  They specifically told the police to come check on me because I was alone with all the kids.  I almost cried knowing they were looking out for me so well.

It was a beautiful night as a family and as a couple. J

The next morning, Jackson was awake before everyone.  I found him in the kitchen grating potatoes by hand for hash browns for the whole family.  He said, “I almost made oatmeal, but I wanted this morning to be extra special for Daddy.”

It was!!  The children didn't want to let go of Abe as he walked to the kitchen. :-) 

After eating, Jackson went with the children to the back porch to eat breakfast.  All of a sudden I heard screams.  Jackson had discovered a spider at the top corner of our back door.  I was busy washing dishes, so I told him I’d look at it later.  He kept telling me it was really big.  I still didn’t go. 

Finally, he said, “MOMMY, IT'S AS BIG AS BABY JAYDEN'S HAND!!!”  That got me moving.  I went outside and screamed with the rest of the kids.  Thank goodness Abe was home because…
 OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!!!

We looked at it for a long time trying to decide if it was a frog or a real spider…




 After coming up with a plan of attack and capture, we all stood back while Abe went in for it.
  
The spider was faster than any of us had anticipated, and all plans were out the door.  All I could do was scream, "Get it! Get it!  Don't let it out into our yard!!!!!"

Abe yelled lots of nonsense words to keep from saying any bad words in his panic from the running giant spider… but he saved the family and caught the spider!!  Our hero!!!!  

The strange thing is, Juliana has been screaming about the ants in the house coming to get her… but she LOVED the spider!!  

There is no way I could have captured that spider!!  God knew it, and I knew it.  I'm grateful the spider was here on the one day Abe is home!  Abe leaves again today.  My sweet man… he's working so hard, and we're grateful for his spiritual, physical, and emotional leadership!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah so glad he made it home safely and holy cow that was one huge spider!! I need you address because we were hoping to have Abe over one more time and the kids made some things to send home with him - we will just mail them to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking care of my hubby!! Oh your kids are so sweet! I'll get you my address. :-) He and I talked about how nice it was for him to be in your loving home. I miss you, and I love you!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.