Friday, March 7, 2014

Rebuilding the City!

Last week we were finally able to get wireless internet again.  After the installation guy left, my 12-year old Jackson said, "It's as if a tornado hit our lives, and we're building the city back up again… step by step."

I stopped what I was doing and looked over at him.  I looked into his eyes.  I could see depth.  He understood the difficulty of the way, but he understood so much more… He gave a slight smile and slowly nodded his head as if to say, "God is taking care of it all."  

A few weeks before, as we walked to the beach as a family, Jackson expressed gratitude for the difficult way that things took place in our lives in the months before we left Michigan.  In fact he wanted to thank all those involved in that trial!  He could see that those trials led to greater blessings in our lives.  

What a testimonial to him for the rest of his life that God really does turn all our trials (no matter how long or how fiery) to our greatest good and our greatest eternal happiness.  We have had some very interesting conversations with Jackson lately.  He has been receiving revelations, premonitions, and dreams for his own life so personal and sacred that I cannot even share them.  What does all this mean?  

In his "Mountains to Climb" talk in 2012, President Eyring said:

"If we have faith in Jesus Christ, the hardest as well as the easiest times in life can be a blessing. In all conditions, we can choose the right with the guidance of the Spirit. We have the gospel of Jesus Christ to shape and guide our lives if we choose it. And with prophets revealing to us our place in the plan of salvation, we can live with perfect hope and a feeling of peace. We never need to feel that we are alone or unloved in the Lord’s service because we never are. We can feel the love of God. The Savior has promised angels on our left and our right to bear us up.10 And He always keeps His word."

I have seen great, spiritual growth in my children's lives as a result of our increased effort to endure our financial devastation.  I have so much to learn!!  (This is how I found Mariah yesterday morning… what a joy!)


The spiritual growth of my children is what I live for… it's what I strive for… I have covenanted with my Heavenly Father to give my all to teach them the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I thank HIM for the blessings that come from trials. 

I am not yet prepared to ask for more trials…we'll always have them…but again I'm grateful for the blessings and miracles which come as we choose Jesus Christ and HIS gospel.  God is the giver of the GREATEST blessings of all.

4 comments:

  1. Blessing to a Prayer thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful. Thank you so much for sharing.

      Delete
  2. I am always so impressed with how spiritually mature your children are. I need you and your children to hang out with my family a little bit so that we can learn from your example.

    My youngest son shared this quote today in BYC as the spiritual thought. I attend this meeting so I was able to hear it. I didn't know what he prepared but I am so glad that this is what he chose. He has struggled lately with his trial - he tore his ACL in football last October and still hasn't been cleared to play baseball. He is on the team but cannot play in any games. He's going a bit crazy and so desperately wants to move up his doctors appointment in hopes that this will be the appointment that he gets his clearance.

    "No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith fortitude, and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our soul, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God...and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven." Orson F Whitney, quoted by Spencer W Kimball

    Have a wonderful week. ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What a deep, thought-provoking, beautiful quote. How perfect that he chose that quote. He must be sharing his worries with God; and in turn he must be receiving deep, spiritual moments in those communications. Please update me on your son. I hope all goes well for him.

      On Saturday I was talking to a mother of a high school boy whose son also had an injury making him miss his favorite sport of football. He went to every game unable to play and while the others practiced, he lifted weights. He's HUGE now and will enter the game next year stronger than any of the other kids. He wants it more than ever before, and his time of "waiting" was put to good use.

      It sounds like your son understands the concept of the purpose of our "waiting" periods. I have a LOT to learn on this topic. :-) It's good he's learning it young.

      Thank you for your comment. It's always wonderful to hear your insights.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.