Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Wherever the Lord Needs Us...

Before I left Michigan, I was serving in the primary presidency and as a primary teacher simultaneously.  After a couple of months in Orlando, FL, I was asked to serve in the primary presidency again.  I served as the 1st counselor.

Last Wednesday,  Abe and I were asked to meet with the Bishop of our new ward.  He told me he had not yet spoken to the Bishop of our past ward, but he and the primary president felt very inspired to call me to be in the primary presidency.  He quickly clarified that he was not calling me to that position because I had a lot of young children.  He said the Spirit spoke it very clearly to their hearts.

They hadn't even spoken to my Orlando Bishop yet to know what calling I held when I left my previous ward, but I was called to the EXACT SAME calling from my previous ward.

On Sunday I was officially sustained and set apart by the laying on of hands to be the 1st Counselor in the primary presidency.

My Orlando congregation was very large and my Daytona Beach congregation is very small yet I was called to the exact same calling.  There were other callings in our Daytona Beach ward that needed to be filled, but that's not where I was called.

I have been thinking about the significance of this.  What a testimony to me that God was not finished teaching me all that HE has in store for me to learn… not matter where I live!

The Lord directs our lives to perfection.  If we are willing, HE places each of us exactly where HE needs us to bless others and to be blessed.  What a beautiful reassurance of that principle I have experienced this past week!

I will serve the children with all my heart.  I love the children and hope to learn all that the Lord has in store for me, and I hope to bless others' lives in the process.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Primary is such a sacred place to be each week. I served in the presidency for 5 years (I had A LOT to learn) before this calling I have now and LOVED every second of it. Our president would say "we only have 1 hour and 40 minutes each week to teach these children about the gospel, we need to make every second count". The Daytona Beach Primary are so lucky to have you AND you get to be with your children too. WOOHOO!!! Have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! We have a very small primary, so I'm excited to visit the children who have not come for a while.

      I do love being with my children too. Last Sunday I overheard the girls' gossip in primary about their crushes on my 12-year old son. :-) That was funny!

      -and what a wonderful quote! I'll try to make our 1 hour and 40 minutes count!! It truly is a sacred place to be- I love those little innocent souls.

      ~Much love to you. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.