Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Simple Minds... Great Faith

Yesterday I was especially touched by the simple minds of my children.  I kept watching them and wondering how I could go back to their mindset and feel worry free.

They didn't know I was pondering all of this, but God showed me their hearts in a timely manner:

Out of the blue, Mariah walked up to me and dumped all her money out on the table and said, "Here Mommy, this is so we can get a new house."

About an hour later, Mariah returned... She said, "It's ok if we don't get a new house Mommy- we'll always have a home."

I said, "I know... You mean we can always stay here at Grandmommy's house if we need to?"

She responded, "No... We'll always have a home in Heaven."

Of course she was right.  Of course the higher faith would be to not worry so much about it all... THAT'S  why children giggle and run around so much.... their faith in Jesus' plan for them is that great and just that simple!  To their benefit, they haven't learned to worry yet!

I decided I needed to go outside and see the world through their eyes for a moment.  I took my four youngest children on a walk to the park... even though it was raining.

When we arrived, I looked to the right, and a big rainbow stretched across the sky.  I looked to my left and my heart was filled as my children reached higher and higher into the sky on their swings.

My burdens felt lightened as I viewed this heavenly moment.  


My burdens felt lightened as I remembered looking at the clouds open up when I was a child and wondering if I would see Jesus descend out of them at any moment. 

My burdens felt lightened as I remembered walking through the fog as a little girl and feeling as if I was actually in Heaven.  My burdens felt lightened as I sat in the swings while my children played, and I soared for just a moment.  My burdens felt lightened as I gave my burdens to the wind and to Jesus and enjoyed the moment.

This morning I felt prompted to read in the book of Mark.  I found myself marking several beautiful passages, but I finished my study on this scripture.

Mark 10:14-15 :  "14)  ...Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not:  for of such is the kingdom of God.  15) Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! I am very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackson, I believe you are one of the sweetest children alive. :-) Thank you for your comment. I learn so much from you. I love you!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.