Monday, October 28, 2013

Jordan's Birthday Part 2: Photos of his Scary Surprise!

WARNING:  The following photos are VERY SCARY... SERIOUSLY!!

We had prepared Jordan that his birthday celebration would be much smaller this year because of financial restraints.  However, it became MUCH, MUCH more!!  My wonderful in-laws surprised him with a fantastic Gatorland trip for the whole family!!  Turning 8 is very special because he gets to get baptized at age 8.  His special day is in December... but in the meantime... Gatorland awaited....




Part of Jordan's gift included a special zipline adventure OVER the alligators!!  I got to accompany him!

I wasn't kidding... OVER the alligators!!  He got stuck at one point and dangled like a piece of chicken over the scary gators!  ...but he wasn't afraid one bit.



As part of his special celebration, Jordan had the "opportunity" to stand right in front of 12-15 hungry, gigantic alligators to feed them raw meat!  Your eyes do not deceive you... my little birthday boy is standing just a few feet away from the giant alligators... with their mouths open... with no fence in front of them!!  I'm still not quite sure why that is ok!!  IT WAS ABE & JORDAN'S IDEA!!  ... gifted from his parents. :-) Thank you Mom and Dad!!!  What a day!  (BTW... there was a Gatorland employee standing right next to him for added protection beyond his measly stick. :-))



We ended with cake, ice cream, and balloons.  Do you see my in-laws in the back?  They made great sacrifices to make this day extra special; they were the heroes of the party!!




4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Now that is a birthday he wont forget!!! I would be so terrified and at the same time so in awe of being so close to the aligators! My husband and I heard a stand up act once talking about gatorland, and we've determined that we need to go there some day!!

    Happy 8th Birthday to your sweet Jordan!!! And how wonderful to have such heros as your in-laws! I'm so glad you all had such a great time!

    xoxo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea! I always love to hear from you. I would love to hear what the stand up comic said. Lol! :-) Let me know if and when you come!!! According to the trainers, when the alligators are that fat and well fed, they move very slowly. There was a line of others who did the same thing. Since it was his birthday, the trainer jokingly asked Jordan if he wanted to jump on the alligator's back. Jordan almost went!!! Crazy kid...

      xoxoxo to you too!!!

      Delete
  2. WHY?????????????????????????????????

    Why are you allowed to get so close to those animals?????? He looks like he was saying, "ok, take the picture, quick please."

    No entiendo. THAT is CLOSE!!! *shivers*
    Maybe they keep them well fed and so they don't need to attack people, but I cannot get over how close they are.

    Aside from my shivers, that seems like an AWESOME birthday! You are such a fun family!

    Un abrazo...desde 10 pies ATRAS de los cocodrillos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are hilarious!! I agree fully!! I kept asking the trainer why it was OK too!! He never told me why it was ok. When the trainer was in there alone, one of the giant alligators kept opening its mouth really big, but the trainer wasn't even phased by it all. Jordan wasn't either! I think the bigger they are the slower they are?? I also think that if they are well-fed, they don't have interest in eating the people. Their surprise lunging motion from the water is the scariest... but these guys were all slowly crawling out of the water for their food.

      Gracias por los abrazos!!!!! Aun de lejos!!! :-) Te quiero!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.