Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Power of Prayer!!

Last week, we received news that our very good friend was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor in his pancreas and kidney.  He has only been married a couple of years and is a father to a precious baby boy.  Our hearts ached with theirs.

Such devastating news opened our eyes to how suddenly things can change for any of us.  Abe told him we would be praying for him; and in good humor said, "Let me warn you though:  When the kids pray for you, they're serious about praying.  They'll pray for you before we eat, in the morning, and at night... they're still praying for a lady who died three years ago!  They do a GOOD job at praying man."

As Abe promised, we have been praying several times a day for the past week for our dear friend.

Today, we received a text from our friend saying that all is well!  THERE IS NO CANCER!"  He then wrote to Abe, "Thanks for the prayers.  I've got a strong testimony of prayer even though I'm inactive."

His term "inactive" refers to the fact that he is not currently attending church.  I am grateful this friend of ours knows of God's love for him no matter where he is on his path to HIM.  God loves us profoundly and wants us to know of that abundant love.

ALL is in the Lord's timing, and we will continue to pray for our friend... maybe for the next three years! :-)

5 comments:

  1. You and Abe are such good examples to your kids! Its so wonderful and impressive that they have such a good grasp on prayer and the powerful thing that it is!!!
    So very happy for your friend! That is the best news ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for celebrating with us. You're right- it IS the best news ever!! In fact, when I started to write the story, my first words were these: "We just received the best news ever." When I told the children, their faces could have lit up the room!! Thank you again. :-)

      Delete
  2. Rachel, You have been on my mind continuously for days! I didn't know that you were having struggles, but I felt SOMETHING! Please let me know what I can do to lighten your load a little!!! Do you need a place to stay for awhile? Whatever you need I will try to help with. I love you so much. Your sweet spirit, your Faith, your willingness to serve our Heavenly Father are just a few of the things that make you such a special daughter of God, and spiritual sister to me. Do you know yet where you are going to move? You are welcome to come here if you need a place to park you and your family until you are guided to your next home. It would be exciting if that "home" were in Washington State. Please let me know how you are and what I can do to help. Even if all I can do is be an ear for your thoughts. Harold and I are here for all of you! Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops I should say that this is from Nancy Rogers the Lacey Stake RS President!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, thank you for thinking of us. You are so close to the Spirit. You and Harold have such a beautiful home; I know we would be welcomed with the most open, loving arms. I shared your message with my husband, and both our hearts were touched at your loving offer. What a special community of love people like you help to create. Thank you. Our thoughts are beginning to come together as to where we believe the Lord wants us, but other possibilities keep arising. While it is difficult living in the unknown, we are very comforted knowing that God is ever-present in this process. Your message of love reminds us of HIS love. Thank you so much.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.