Tuesday, April 2, 2013

HE Is Never Too Busy

Yesterday, Mariah (age 5) was struggling as she read her book.   This book was a little more difficult than the ones she had been reading.  I wasn't the most patient of mothers.  I tried to multi-task as she read to me.

She kept saying, "Mommy, are you listening?"  I responded, "Yes honey, I just have so much to do.  I really need to you to read faster ."

She eventually finished the book; and as she walked away, she sweetly said, "Jesus helped me finish the book."

She knew that when nobody else seemed to be listening or paying attention, Jesus is the perfect listener and teacher.  I was humbled as I realized the miracle of Jesus as my forever best friend who is never too busy to listen and to help.


3 comments:

  1. My mom left this comment for me today. I received permission to share her insight:

    "...I love our Mariah! She is so fortunate to learn that so early on. She can expect less from others because He will do what others can't for her. We all should remember that. Don't complain... He will do what they can't. You don't have to do it all Rachel; Jesus is partnering with you."

    I loved her statement that Jesus is partnering with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet and innocent faith! I love it. it is amazing how the Lord allows us to be taught by all things, including the children. Many times I have been humbled by my children's faith, perspectives and strength. How wonderful to know that you are building her up to be a strong young woman who already knows to rely on her Savior, first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. That's why I love to be around children!! I love working with the primary age children at church! I'm trying to have Mariah's sweet and innocent faith... just as I did as a child...

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.