Friday, April 5, 2013

I Love to See the Temple


Today our family is traveling to Detroit to go to the temple.  We are excited to go- it's a 2 hour drive away, so we haven't been in a while.  Tyson, my 9 year old, wrote this story yesterday and asked if he could post it on my blog.  He didn't even know yet that we were going to the temple when he wrote it!

Our children entered the temple when our baby Jayden was sealed to our family in November through the miracle of adoption, but they will not be able to enter again until they are 12 years old and ready to make a deep commitment to their Savior, Jesus Christ. 

 I don't think it was a coincidence that he wrote about how much he loved his picture of the temple on the day before he would actually be able to see the temple. Just looking at the temple makes the children happy... me too.  

These are his words:
DAILY MIRACLES
MY TEMPLE CARD

In 2010 I got a temple card for Easter.  I kept it for about 3 years.  Then I gave it to my brother. 
I loved the temple card.  I loved it enough to give it away.
  When you love something, it doesn’t mean you don’t want people to touch it, or look at it. 
When you love something, it means you share it!  It’s you letting them look at a beautiful picture.

I love looking at pictures of the temples.  They remind me of Jesus.  They remind me of what He did for us.
  

  

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful for you to be an example to your children of the power of temple attendance. Our temple is only 15 minutes from our house and I still struggle to find time ...if that is even a usable excuse *eyeroll* My two teenage sons go with the Young Men and this Christmas I added a picture of the Sacramento Temple in our home. I have a great project this year, to add the Oakland temple and Mesa Arizona temple to our walls because my hubby proposed on top of the Oakland temple and we were sealed in the Mesa Arizona temple. Our children WILL BE influenced by their surroundings. We just have to make sure that we are adding all the positive and right things that we can.

    You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait for the time when my children can go on youth temple trips. Only 9 more months for my oldest to go! :-) Your husband proposed on top of the Oakland temple? I'd love to hear more about that!! Thank you for your added testimony! I LOVE the temple!!!

      15 minutes! We've never lived that close- even in Utah. I miss living closer. It's a whole day trip now because my husband and I go separately while the other one watches the children and waits. The blessing in that is that because it's a whole day event, the temple trips leave a bigger impression on our children's minds... but it's just not as often.

      Thank you again for your comment!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.