Friday, September 6, 2013

An Ear Infection & Uplifting Friendships

Our oldest son, Jackson, has an ear infection. :(  Several times when I have taken him to the pediatrician for a well-child check-up, his doctor has said, "Did you know he has an ear infection?"  We never knew because Jackson has such a high pain tolerance. The last few days, I KNEW Jackson had an ear infection because he's actually been complaining about it.

Our insurance company made some mistakes and didn't change our insurance over to Florida like they said they would.  The process would be lengthy to fix, and an office visit without the proper insurance would be quite costly.  Jackson didn't have a fever, so I hoped and prayed his body would heal itself.

We have a friend from Utah staying with us here in Florida for a couple of days.  Last night, his friends came for dinner.  Guess what?  She's a traveling pediatrician!!

What a blessing!  Because of her help, Jackson is now on his way to better health.

I thank God my little boy can feel relief from pain, and I thank God for sending these lovely people to our home.

As always, God works in many wondrous ways...

There are amazing, friendly people wherever you go; but when I move to a new place,  I wonder if I will find friends who I will connect with on a deeper level. This past week, our family has spent an evening with a few different families (this pediatrician's family being one of them) who are already dear to our hearts.

In my heart, I feel eternally grateful that THEY were willing to open their hearts to newcomers.  I feel grateful and blessed that THEY, who have many friends already, didn't look at us as burdens to befriend- but real people who can bless their lives as well with true friendships.

Our conversations with our new friends were of an uplifting, spiritual nature.  I believe that with uplifting conversation comes the presence of the Holy Ghost, and the power of the Holy Ghost helps hearts and spirits to connect more quickly.  I thank God for uplifting friendships new and old.


2 comments:

  1. Rachel, you are so easy to love. Your friendship is a priceless blessing...so never worry about making true friends wherever you are, because you will always be loved! I am so thankful that Heavenly Father led me to you to be one of our Women's Conference speakers so that I could be blessed to get to know you. Thank you for your sweet spirit, and your strong testimony of our Heavenly Father and our Savior! I love you! Nancy Rogers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy. As I read your comment, I pictured you in your beautiful home loving and hugging everyone... making EVERYONE feel valued. I wish I could hug you right now! You are truly a gem. I love you, and I love your testimony.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.