Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Birds Are Singing!

My day started off beautifully today.

Mariah burst into the house and announced, "Mommy!  The birds were singing to me!"

I responded, "Wow!  Really?  How did they do that?"

She said, "I heard chirping out the door, and then I went out there and saw three birds.  The other two weren't singing.  The one was singing on the tree.  Then they stopped.  Then I went and started to chirp.  Then all three birds started to sing again."

Birds were singing to my daughter... how could I not go with faith to my doctor's appointment today?

Abe accompanied me to the hospital.  I sat in the waiting room not wanting to speak hardly a word; I just held his strong hand and looked at it remembering all the wonderful ways his hands had comforted me.

The other 2 women waiting with me didn't speak either.  We were there for the diagnostic mammogram.  These are given when there is reason for worry.  Mine included a mammogram under a stronger microscope and also an ultrasound.

I imagine the other women had my same worry:  "What if there is something inside of me trying to take my life at this very moment?"  A woman muttered something about her nerves.  I agreed.  Then they called my name.  I went in for the ultrasound, and we wished God's blessings on each other.

I felt peace as I walked in.  I couldn't believe it... I felt peace.  For just a small moment I questioned how I could have peace.  Then I quickly remembered I had many prayers on my behalf.

The tech finished the ultrasound, and we waited patiently for the results.  She returned after the radiologist had assessed the images and stated with complete assurance:  "There is no cancer."

I was stunned.  I was overjoyed.  I walked out of the room thanking God and making personal promises to live a better life... to stress a little less... to encourage and believe in crazy dreams a little more.

I anxiously texted my mother the good news as I walked out of the hospital.

My mother, my hero, will always feel the pain of losing my sister to cancer.  My mother, my hero, fought her own cancer while she continued to teach special education to many small children.  My mother, my hero, suffered these last several days with me as mothers do.  She felt my pain and worry with me.

Now, upon hearing the great news, my mother texted me back:   "Thank you God!   Thank you Thank you Thank you!"  Another friend sent the very fitting message:  "Hallelujah!"

My boys arrived home from cross-country practice shortly after I arrived home.  They announced that they ran the fastest mile of their lives.  We all high-fived each other.  Then I announced that I didn't have cancer!

Hugs from my children encircled me.

With a sweeping sword action Jackson cried, "Cancer didn't win this battle.  Cancer tried to hold on to you, but your faith hit it off.  The cancer fell onto a Venus fly trap.  It closed; then all the poison killed the cancer!"  I surely appreciated his dramatic interpretation!

I will return for a diagnostic mammogram in 6 months, but all looks well!

The birds are singing!

Thank you God!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!!  Hallelujah!!






8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely wonderful news!!! You ARE strong, but I am so glad that you get to be strong in ways OTHER than battling cancer--like imparting of your strength to those beautiful kids of yours every single day as you love them and are their superhero! I am grateful that you continue to share both your struggles and your joys here on this blog; they uplift and strengthen me. You are certainly loved by many--even those of us who've not yet had the privilege of meeting you personally. The world is a better place because of you! I am so glad that the birds were singing today in honor of your glorious news. May peace remain your companion!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words are beautiful. Your words, "May peace remain your companion." will forever remain in my heart. I may even post them in my home where I can see them more often.

      Thank you so much for sharing so many kind words full of encouragement. Thank you so much for sharing in my struggles AND joys. Thank you!! Thank you!! God bless you.

      Delete
  2. Words cant express how happy i am for you!!! (at least not my words) I'm crying tears of joy. You are loved!!! How wonderful that relief must feel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for crying with me through sadness and joy. The relief is GREAT! I'm sure my tears will flow when I finally get a chance to meet you. I continue to pray for you.

      Delete
  3. So very happy for you! You have lives to inspire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for such a wonderful message of moving forward. We all have lives to inspire. We're moving forward uplifting each other in our missions for which we were sent here to perform!! Thank you for the reminder!

      Delete
  4. This is such GREAT news. I'm so happy for you and your family. And I am grateful that we will continue to be blessed by your Daily Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your messages. Thank you for feeling it ALL with me. Thank you for your encouragement to keep writing my daily miracles from God, and thank you for reading. God bless you and your loving heart.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.