Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I Love Police Officers

We are moving this Saturday across the country!!

With a big move comes a lot of expenses!!

Abe got a pricey traffic ticket recently to top it off.  (My husband wears my sunglasses at times- don't laugh. :-) )


This morning he went to court to contest the ticket.

We said a lot of prayers that he would not have to pay it because we needed every penny we had!!  We also rehearsed how to best explain the situation to the judge, and Abe showed up in a suit and tie to present himself properly.

While he was in court, I anxiously awaited Abe's phone call to find out the results.

I answered the phone, and Abe shouted, "I love police officers!!"  He then began singing his favorite police song, "Bad Boys" from the TV show "Cops."

Apparently, Abe didn't have to say hardly a thing.  The police officer actually defended Abe by explaining why he really shouldn't be charged the fine he himself had given him!

By law, the police officer had to write Abe that particular ticket.  By kindness, the police officer chose to help us out.  I know we won't get out of a traffic ticket every time we pray about it, but I can't tell you how much we needed that miracle this week.  The fact that the police officer was the one defending him leads me to believe the Spirit must have touched this good man's heart.

I've said it before; I'll say it again:  "Believe in the Goodness of Humanity!"

I thank God for this miracle today.




12 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!! best day ever.

    So where are you guys moving?! Closer to AZ maybe? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would have LOVED to have come to Arizona! I want to finally give you a hug!! My sister also lives there. She is pretty close to perfect- I could learn a LOT living by her. :-)

      Read today's blog on TOFW to find out where we're going. http://www.tofw.com/Many-Mighty-Miracles-Am-Rachel-Mills/s/913

      Delete
  2. AWESOME! We are all Father in Heaven's children and we never realize that he has a line of communication with them, too. So glad the police officer was listening. Your move is inspired and while your road might have faith-testing bumps, it has been paved with the Lord's blessings and you will do well. So excited for you all!!! Almost makes me want to move!

    ps: nice shades!
    my husband has never worn my shades but he has worn my concealer *shh* Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. I'm going to remember your terminology, "faith-testing bumps" because we've certainly had a LOT of bumps in this process!! It feels better remembering that my faith is getting stronger in the process! :-)

      Abe and I got a huge laugh from your ps!! It was a nice comic relief from packing millions of boxes.

      Delete
  3. That is awesome! Can't wait to hear about your moving adventures and miracles. Im sure both will be plentiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your excitement! Sometimes I forget to be excited when boxes are enveloping me- I know you remember that feeling well. I believe the greatest miracles in this process so far have been the peace we have felt and the support we have received from so many. This is a very big step into the unknown, but I feel light guiding us.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's always so great to hear from you! Sorry I couldn't answer sooner! :-)

      I announced where we're moving on the "Time Out for Women" website. Please read!

      This is the link: http://www.tofw.com/Many-Mighty-Miracles-Am-Rachel-Mills/s/913

      The link is on today's blog entry too. We think about you often~ with so much love.

      Delete
  5. Rachel girl you are amazing. I love your blog it is so great. i recently read your first story i think it was on the TOFW website about the christian Store incident and was so moved by it and thought that you handled it all so well and the miracle of it being the same lady. It wasn't until today that I realized it was one of my EFY RICKS friends that was involved. Too COOL!
    MArisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marisa!! It's SO GREAT to hear from you!! Our EFY counselor days were a LONG time ago... 17 years ago?/ Those are definitely cherished memories. I loved those kids so much!! I still here from some of them at times!! What a blessing it was to serve them and to serve with you. Thank you so much for reading and for your very sweet comment. I hope to hear from you again! :-) Keep "Living the Legacy!!!"

      Delete
  6. LOL Okay love Abe in those shades!!! Josh wouldn't have given him a ticket in the first place you know that right. LOL Everyone deserves a break from a ticket. I know I've gotten out of plenty! More then I should have probably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because Josh was the BEST COP EVER... and he knew I wouldn't make him homemade pizza anymore if he gave us a ticket. :-) I've perfected my pizza by the way! :-) You'll have to come try it out! We love you guys!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.