Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Top 10 Miracles of Our Move

#1: It was our last night packing before we would move to Florida, and I had just called Abe to tell him we were officially out of food.  We would have to break down and spend the money we were trying to save to buy pizza for the family.

VERY shortly after, Abe received a text message from a friend saying, "We'll be there in a minute with pizza for dinner tonight!"  What?? No way!!  We were so happy!  We all cheered with joy when they showed up.

#2:  We had a broken window.  Abe bought glass to replace the window, but the glass was an 1/8 of an inch too big.  Abe struggled over an hour trying to fix the problem.  I suggested he say a prayer about it.

He said the prayer; and five minutes later, our friends showed up from across town.  The father makes his living doing construction! He fixed the window in no time at all.

#3:  I had been quietly wishing for a Snickers the whole week.  This was our last day of packing, so my need had reached its peak!

My sweet friend showed up with a HUGE bag of Snickers.  It was just what I needed!


#4:  We always go to Walmart before a big trip to buy treats for the kids.  My kids had just asked if we were going to go the store this time.  I explained to them that this time we were saving every penny we could.

A special friend of mine showed up at my house with special treat bags for every member of our family.  Can you believe it??  This woman has 18 children for the summer, yet she followed the Spirit and served our family.


#5:  I still had a gigantic list of things to accomplish.  Even staying up all night, I doubted I would be able to accomplish it all.

These parents with 18 children sat at our table with all these treat bags and then said, "Alright!  We're here to work!"  She sent her kids off to work, and we had an immediate army taking down beds and tables and washing walls.  I was in complete awe!!  She had PLENTY of reason to NOT stay up late and help!!  Her help was a miracle to our household!!  They returned the next day with breakfast for our family as well.







#6:  I wanted everything to be ready because we had LOTS of help coming right at 9am to load up the truck.  Abe went to get the truck which he had reserved, and the company had overbooked it!  We had no truck!!  The only other option was to drive over an hour away to another location and pay an extra $200.00.  I was so frustrated.  We had worked hard to budget everything just right.  We had to have a truck, so Abe went on his way to the other location.  Mid-way, our original rental truck company found another truck for us and gave us a $200.00 discount from the original price because of our troubles.

The stress of not having a moving truck for a few hours saved us $200.00- which was what we needed to in order to rent an additional U-haul trailer because we ran out of space.  That was a blessing in disguise!

#7:  Abe scheduled the additional U-haul and asked all the necessary questions about the hitch.  He went all the way to the rental company and discovered we needed to install special wiring to be able to take the trailer home.  That location would be closed by the time we would return with the special wiring.  We couldn't leave our stuff on the street all weekend- we felt stress rising again.

We finally found another location to get our additional trailer, AND our dear friend from down the street happened to have the right wiring.  He even installed it!


#8:  I was worried about my little babies while we loaded up the moving truck.  They were running underneath heavy boxes and too close to our very busy street while we busily packed the truck.

Another dear friend showed up in the morning with donuts and milk and took my 4 youngest children to her house for the entire day!!  She and her daughters played all day with them; I felt comforted knowing they were in safe hands.


 #9: I had cleaned most of the house, but there were details that my brain (on only 45 minutes sleep) was honestly having a hard time sorting out.

Every time I went to do a chore, this beautiful family had already done it!  Their pregnant daughter washed every window in my house!  They even packed up my cooler of food.  I don't know when they bought ice for it, but they included that in there as well!


#10:  This was the first move we would not be able to buy pizza for all the help.  We had made a giant bag of popcorn; but because of all our truck/trailer problems, this move was turning into a full day's job.  I knew people were getting hungry, and I wondered what to do.

It was enough of a miracle that we even still had so many people helping for the ENTIRE day!  Moments later, two men showed up with food.  One bought pizza, and the other bought tacos.  I couldn't believe they were buying food for OUR movers!!  In addition to the pizza, several loving friends brought fresh fruit, donuts, and cookies!!  Our sweet neighbor sent several bags of goodies to our house.


Last of All

Abe and I have been very humbled and deeply grateful for the numerous people who privately slipped us money to help us with gas and food for our move.  One person tried to disguise it as a wad of money they found in one of our boxes because they knew we wouldn't have taken it otherwise.  Another said they were merely early birthday gifts.

We wanted to solve our own problems without anyone's monetary help, but we soon discovered that God was moving them to serve us because we needed it.  They kept saying they felt the Spirit tell them to do it.  

I'm in tears right now pondering all the many miracles at the loving hands of the saints.  I'm in tears knowing God loves us enough to give us what we need monetarily and spiritually even though we sometimes would rather be independent. 

God is giving me deeply spiritual lessons through this process.  I feel like I am learning a deeper empathy for others.  I will better know how to serve others in a similar situation.  I am seeing into the goodness of people's hearts.  Oh my!!  There are so many good people!  I am learning how to be a better person!

I want to be better, and I thank God for the opportunities to grow!!

Abe has a job and will be starting it on August 27th!  Abe can do anything!!  He will do GREAT!! :-)

12 comments:

  1. This makes me cry. I'm overwhelmed with my life right now, too, and I'm not exercising my faith and getting the blessings I need. I need to change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh your heart is so beautiful! We ALL need to change, but God is blessing us even when we're a bit slow to that change. That's just how great HE is. I know your faith is great!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Awesome and beautiful. I have been praying mightily for your family, only imagining all the small details it takes to move a large size family all the way to Florida. I know I wish I could help more, but it certainly seems that the Lord watches over his chosen and loved ones. In reading your wonderful miracles, my favorite thought ran across my mind...our Father in Heaven is so helpful, especially when we get out of His way and allow Him in. I am guilty of preparing a statement in advance of the prayer to tell Father in Heaven what I need and when and why and how. How silly I feel when I realize what I received was what I TRULY needed and that Father in Heaven saw it long before I did and prepared the blessing.

    I am so excited for your family.

    If you ever wonder if you are touching people's lives, just look at those who showed up to help you and your family. And they did this because YOU and YOUR FAMILY had laid a foundation of love and friendship that you would need to call upon at some point. Too many times, we live in our comfort zone and we miss out on many, many, many life changing opportunities and relationships.

    Thank you for your example. Thank you for your faith. Thank you for sharing your journey.

    I wish you well on your continued journey and congratulations to Abe on his new job!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how true! He DOES prepare the blessings long before we even see the need for it! I love your perspective! Thank you so much for your very kind words about our family. We have definitely left our comfort zone, and we're grateful for the acceptance we've received as we've stepped out. :) There are so many AMAZING people in this beautiful world. You're definitely one of them!

      Delete
  3. Oh I LOVE this entry, possibly most of all! Such amazing, beautiful, tender miracles!! I love that you are recording these miracles in your life and even more so that you are sharing them with us- some of us strangers in real life, though connected spiritually for sure!! This is a beautiful reminder to let Heavenly Father do His work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love our spiritual connection! Those are the greatest connections of all! Thank you for opening your heart to the messages I share. Thank you for your truly kind heart. I wish I could hug you! :-)

      Delete
  4. I loved seeing all the pictures that accompanied these miracles. God really does send angels when we need them. Love those all those Michiganders. :) What beautiful blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michigan is a wonderful place, isn't it? Thank you for being one of my dearest Michigander friends. By mistake my GPS made a destination to Indiana. I was VERY tempted to stop by and hug you. Then I had to think responsibly... we were already very delayed in leaving; so reluctantly, we kept driving. I hope you're enjoying your new home, and we hope you'll come make a trip to Florida instead! :-)

      Delete
  5. I recently as in the last two weeks or so stumbled across your blog. When I read that you were moving to Kissimmee I was thrilled with the thought that maybe I could meet you in person one day! I live in Lakeland which is just about 40 min from you. I can't seem to find a place to email you but if you see this would you email me back! scrapbkng@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to meet you. :-) We're still getting oriented around here. I found Walmart today! Hooray! :-) I do have an email set up for my blog: mydailymiracles@gmail.com. I will send you an email though! Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete
  6. Gosh I miss you guys like crazy when I read your posts!!! Okay amazing things for amazing people! I love seeing the faces of all your Michigan family here. I hope one day we all live in the same neighborhood again. Wish Abe good luck on the new job. I'm glad you guys have made it safe I'm assuming. What amazing friends you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some truly special people in Michigan. We feel so blessed to have been there.

      Justine... I can't tell you how much I love you! Your friendship and sisterhood have been a strength to me for many, many years. Thank you. We all miss you guys like crazy too!! That would be the BEST to have our family dinners and couple dates again. We have so many memories and need to make some more. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.