Thursday, August 29, 2013

Perspective

Some days are just plain hard.  Today was one of them.  I was in tears over several issues in my life.  I was on my way to resolve some of those issues when my dear sister-in-law called me out of the blue.  She and I only talk on the phone only a few times a year because we're both so busy with our lives.  She said she called to ask how Florida was.  I told her the superficial news and was ready to hang up, but then she asked if there was anything else.  I casually said I was having a hard day.  She almost cut me off saying she just felt like she should call me.

That's when I burst into tears in the grocery store!  I had to quickly go hide in the stationary department.  I told the kids to look at the cards while I listened to one of the wisest women I know.  (Everybody should have a woman like this in their lives.)

Her wisdom and perspective were exactly what I needed to hear.  She calmed my heart.  I know we should only need validation from God, but her validation, strength, and wisdom were inspired by God.

As I tearfully thanked her for her guidance, she humbly acknowledged God's hand and reminded me of HIS love for me.  When these tender moments come into our lives amidst the trial, we have got to know that our Heavenly Father loves us.

My sister-in-law said she wished I didn't have to feel these sadnesses and reminded me that passing through the refiners fire is the only way to become stronger and better instruments in HIS hands.

Gosh!  Sometimes that fire feels REALLY hot until the Lord's perspective enters into our minds and hearts.  I feel much better already!!  God loves us through every painful, imperfect detail of our lives.


4 comments:

  1. Elder Holland came and spoke at our Stake 2 weeks ago. He said basically the same thing. There is no other way to become as God is except by suffering as God did suffer. We can't become long-suffering without the "long" and without the "suffering." He told us/yelled at us(you know how he speaks.) that when life gets hard to just pull our socks clear up to our shoulders, square those shoulders and carry-on. I still smile when I hear his voice in my head saying those words. :) I think that you are an amazing disciple of Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I wish I could have been there! I LOVE Elder Holland and every word that comes out of his mouth. Thank you for sharing his visually uplifting words. YOU are inspired. Thank you!! I will be picturing those socks and squared shoulders for quite some time. :-)

      Delete
  2. This song has been one of my favorites over the last little while. It keeps things in perspective for me, cause I sometimes just want to rant.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSVqHcdhXQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! What a BEAUTIFUL song! Chills... Tears... I love it!! I had never heard it before. I believe it has immediately become one of my favorite's as well. Thank you so much for sharing such a positive message. God bless you.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.