Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Our Crossing Guard

I homeschool my kids, but I am enrolling them in the public school for their elective courses like band, theater, robotics, etc.

My mother-in-law decided to become a crossing-guard this year before she knew we were coming to Florida.  She has never done it before, but she decided she wanted to try it out.  She started working at the middle school on Monday at the same school where they'll be attending!  There is an elementary school closer to her house, but "by chance" she'll be right where my children will be.

I was concerned about driving 20 minutes there and back several times a day to pick up the children for their varied elective courses.  Now she'll be giving them a ride for some of the classes because she works there.  The children will have wonderful bonding time with their grandmother, and her presence alone will be a great comfort to them in a new place.

I thank God for arranging this wonderful opportunity before we even knew we would be living here!  HE is amazing!  Is there any question God is working in our lives?  Nope!  Not for me!  HE is there, and I love HIM with all my heart.


WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CROSSING GUARD!! 
WE LOVE YOU MOM!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! How wonderful, and amazing, and crazy all at once! The Lord is truely there for us. I love that your kids will be able to see their grandma so much! (and i'm sure shes as happy as she can be about that as well!)
    I'm excited for you new opportunity...and we are still praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for remembering us in your prayers. I know your prayers are mighty because I FEEL strengthened! I pray for you often as well. I love you!

      Delete
  2. She's such a sweetie! That's awesome they'll see her everyday. She'll be their guardian angel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a sweetie, huh!! I believe in earthly and heavenly guardian angels :-) Thank you my sweet sister!

      Delete
  3. I am one of the few people around who still has all of her family nearby. My parents live within walking distance to us. It truly is a blessing to have them so close by to be physically involved in my children's lives. There nothing better than a squeeze from grandma when you need it. I hope your children enjoy school and seeing grandma. Enjoy your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is rare and wonderful! This is the very first time we have ever lived by Abe's parents. We look forward to great bonding time. We just got here! In fact we finally finished unloading our moving truck tonight. You painted beautiful images for me of many, many tight squeezes from grandma. :-) Thank you so much for your comment! Enjoy your special family, and God bless you all. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.