Saturday, February 2, 2013

Date Night Miracle

I had so much to catch up on today, and I felt like I was getting nowhere.

I had a date planned with my sweetheart, and I was running out of time to get everything done.  I had laundry to fold, dishes to wash, posters to make, lessons to plan for church, and of course meals to prepare.

I felt panic creep in because I LOVE date night with my husband, and I didn't want to miss out on any of it!  I also wanted to get all my work done so I could fully enjoy tomorrow's sabbath.  I asked the children to help with extra chores than their own because I could see my time slipping away.  I felt stagnant in my progress.

Right then, Mariah, my 5 yr. old, came skipping around the corner and said, "Mommy!  Just say a prayer, and you'll get it all done in time!  God will help you!  See?  I'll say a prayer for you right now!"

I knew she was right; I said a prayer at that very moment- she did too.:)  I felt my panic slip away, and my efforts to finish what needed to be done became much more efficient.

... and yes!  I had a FANTASTIC date with my forever love.  Oops!  Better get back to my date right now!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! As you prepare your words, please remember that I am a real person with a real family. Choose your words kindly and lovingly.